Sunday, December 6, 2015

Cheesy Chicken Ranch Dip

A delicious dip that can be prepared in about 10 minutes.




 A few years ago around the holidays, I went to visit some extended family (The Masons) and they offered this dip as one of the delicious appetizers among several they served.
Mom and I both loved it and mom, of course, got the recipe before we left.

Unfortunately, because mom and I both are recipe collectors and normally collect more than we will ever really make, the recipe was forgotten about.
 This year we visited the same family members and they served this once again...Not complaining at all, I was thrilled when I tasted it and realized what it was.
Mom had the recipe in hand and as soon as we got home I copied it, and then made it that next day.

I had to make a trip to the store before I could make it.
You see, I really dont like store bought pimento cheese very well, and that is one of the ingredients.
If I wasn't so lazy I could have made my families HOMEMADE PIMENTO CHEESE

I loved the dip as they made it and it was made with store bought pimento cheese, so I knew it would be fine.

 I recommend you let it chill overnight before serving.



Jodies Kitchen Cheesy  Chicken Ranch Dip
1 large (12.5oz) can of white chunk chicken
1 (8 oz.) carton sour cream
1 (8 oz.) carton of pimento cheese
1 packet of ranch dressing or dip mix
Drain juice from the chicken, place in a medium sized bowl. Use a fork to shred the chunks of chicken. Add sour cream, pimento cheese, and ranch dressing/dip mix. Mix well. Chill overnight until ready to serve.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF