Monday, September 8, 2014

Breakfast Biscuits






My Breakfast Biscuits are filled with sausage scrambled eggs and cheese. They are moist and so easy to make.
 
I have been hosting a Christmas breakfast buffet for many years and that's when I first started making these.
 
The idea was actually a play on my original Sausage Balls that so many of us here in the south make.
 
One year I made some really big balls which are normally only rolled to a 1 inch size. They were so big it occurred to me, they looked more like biscuits. So in playing around with the idea I decided to take it a step further add some jalapeno and scrambled eggs. Two of my families favorite.
 
With this particular recipe post I decided to leave out the jalapeno just because I have one fan on my Facebook page who has recently requested some recipes without jalapeno.
I guess I do make a lot of things with jalapeno.
You can definitely add a diced jalapeno if you wish and use hot breakfast sausage to spice these up, which my original recipe calls for.
 
These are a quick go to for us now anytime of the year. These biscuits also reheat well in the microwave for a grab and go breakfast. I hope you enjoy these as much as my family does.
 
Although I always do mine in a cast iron skillet I am sure a sheet pan will work fine as well.
Additions and substitutions are very forgiving with this recipe, use your imagination and come up with a great breakfast biscuit to suit your family.
 


Sausage was cooked and eggs scrambled before adding them to the biscuit mix
I then added cooked sausage, scrambled eggs, and cheese to biscuit mix and incorporate well

 
 In the next step you will add buttermilk and mix very well. Your dough should be slightly sticky.
  
 
 
 I used a large serving size spoon to scoop out dough into my hands (I had flour on my hands to prevent sticking). You will pat dough out into the form of biscuits and add to your greased skillet (I used a baking spray for my skillet)


 
 
 
Jodies Kitchen Breakfast Biscuits
1/2 pound browned breakfast sausage (I use hot)
2 eggs scrambled in sausage fat
2-1/4 cup baking mix (I use Ginger Evans)
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2/3 cup buttermilk
Butter melted
 
Preheat oven to 425F
Add cooked sausage & scrambled eggs to biscuit mix and incorporate well.Then add cheese and mix well. Add milk and stir with large spoon very well until mixture has become a slightly sticky dough. Flour hands and form dough into biscuits and place in a greased skillet or sheet pan. Bake until biscuits are done, a light golden brown,remove from oven and brush with melted butter.
 
 
 
 



5 comments:

  1. These look great and sound fantastic. I can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much. I hope you will make them and enjoy as much as my family does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. morning jodie girl this recipe of urs is the bomb i fixed them this morning and they were delicious i also made my first cabbage rolls monday for supper and my husband ,son and granson amazed with me how fast they got gone lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lynn, I am so glad you and your family enjoyed them. It is always lovely to hear feed back whether bad or good. Thanks for taking the time to comment,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl! Yummmm is all I've got to say. I love your style of good eats. My kid would google this up and I might even get to sneak in some eggs on her in the meantime. We love jalapeƱos but the little one doesn't appreciate them yet so I'd just omit those had you put hem in the recipe. Easy peazy. Thanks for all your hard work! <3

    ReplyDelete

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF