Monday, December 28, 2015

Pulled Pork Con Carne








Any time I can use left overs to make something entirely different I will.

Recently I made a Boston butt roast in the crock pot for BBQ pulled pork.
I had some left over shredded pork that I had not added BBQ sauce to and I knew I wanted to make a one pot meal with the left overs.
I didn't want my family to feel like they were still eating pulled pork so I went in a totally different direction and went with a Mexican flavor for my seasoning.

This dish is really simple to make and the crispy tortilla shells are a perfect topping.

Of course, you can adjust spices to suit what your family likes.










 

 Jodies Kitchen Pulled Pork Con Carne
1 1/2 TBS cumin
1 and 1/2 TBS paprika
3 TBS chopped garlic
1tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 jar (16 oz) chopped banana peppers (drained and rinsed)
1 jalapeno.chopped
3 onions chopped
1 can corn (drained and rinsed)
1 can kidney beans (drained and rinsed) 
4 cups cooked pulled pork
4 cans diced tomatoes (14.5 ounce cans)
2 cups pork broth
2 cups water
In a large pot on medium low heat add cumin,and paprika.Let these spices warm in pot about 2 minutes.Then add all other ingredients, stir well.Place lid on pot and let simmer at least 4 hours.Make sure to stir occasionally to keep from sticking.
You could also do this in a slow cooker.

Crispy Tortilla Strips
Flour tortillas cut into strips and placed in deep fryer, fried until golden brown.


1 comment:

  1. That looks and sounds delicious my sweet friend!! Happy New Year, and may 2016 be our best year ever!!

    ReplyDelete

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF