Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Hotdog Chili

Jodies Hotdog Chili




 Unfortunately most of us have had what I call death dogs before (if you eat hotdogs with chili).
They will leave you feeling like you wish you were dead not long after devouring them.You know the kind I'm talking about, they will come back to haunt you in several ways.
Well I love a good Chili dog and so does my family,but I wasn't eating one more of those dogs and topping it with canned or packaged chilli mix.Just not worth it to me.Some folks might like beans in their hot dog chili but not in this house.
Leave the beans for a crock pot and hot buttered corn bread!
This recipe is a old family recipe handed down from my Aunt Brenda (BJ)



Jodies Kitchen Hot Dog Chili. 
3 lbs.ground beef
1 small can tomato paste 6 oz.
 
5-6 cans water from the paste can-this will depend on how thick you like.
1 Tbs. paprika
1 Tbs. chilli powder
1 Tbs. salt and pepper
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 large onion - diced
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Brown beef,drain fat. Add all ingredients and cook 1 1/2 hour.May do this on low in crock pot,so you don't have to keep an eye on it.
This makes a lot,but freezes well.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jodie! I love your chili dog recipe! I'm collecting them because my guys love chili dogs and we try to make them at home as much as possible, just last week I made a crock pot version. Pinning for sure! Thank you for sharing, Lizy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lizbeth,thanks so much I do believe your Guys will enjoy it.It has been a long time Family favorite.

      Delete

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF