Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Chicken Ranch Casserole

Jodies Kitchen Chicken Ranch Casserole





 This is one of my families favorites, and a favorite for me because its very easy and also one of those great comfort foods I enjoy. If your looking to make this in a lower fat version you can always use skim milk,low fat cheese,and an egg substitute.The butter can be replaced with what option you choose.If your not into using those powdered packages,nothing wrong with adding your own seasonings and making it the way you like.




 Take a little help from the store if you don't have time to cook a breast yourself,dark meat works just as well in this recipe.The cheese is also your choice I just like the Colby jack in this recipe.





Jodies Kitchen Chicken Ranch Casserole
2 large potatoes cut into coin shapes
1 large Chicken breast cooked and shredded
16 oz Colby jack shredded cheese
1 tbs. Powdered ranch dressing mix
salt and pepper to taste
1 egg beaten
1/4 cup milk
2 tbs. melted butter (cooled slightly)
Grease bottom of a baking dish (may use a 9x9)and layer with one of your cut potatoes.Then sprinkle 1/2 of your tbs. of ranch seasoning on the potatoes.Add 1/2 your shredded chicken on top of that layer and salt and pepper.Then add 1/2 of your cheese, on the chicken.Then add another layer of Potatoes,sprinkle with remaining ranch,then add last of your shredded chicken salt and pepper again.Mix the beaten egg, milk and cooled butter pour on top of the last potato layer,then add the rest of your cheese to the top.Cover with foil,making sure to tent it so the cheese doesn't stick to potatoes bake about 25 minutes on 425f or until potatoes are cooked, then remove foil and continue cooking until cheese is golden brown.
NOTES: You may go heavier on the ranch seasoning if you like with this recipe,its all in how Ranchy you like..lol...Good Luck

11 comments:

  1. A great tip one of my Facebook fans had when she made this.She made the casserole and put in a 200F oven covered with foil and let cook while away at church.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds wonderful :) Thanks so much for linking up to All My Bloggy Friends this week - I've shared this on FB!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jamie,your Kindness of sharing and promoting as much as you do speaks wonders for your character.

      Delete
  3. Your recipe looks awesome! Shared this on Google+ today :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda very much for sharing,this has definitely been one of my most popular post on Facebook,so I'm glad to see that its being enjoyed other places.

      Delete
  4. This was delicious.I cant believe it was so simple.I am making again to take to family event.Will be doubling recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy that you liked it.I don't think it should be a problem at all doubling the recipe,Honestly I should do that myself just for my family,so I could have left overs.lol.

      Delete
  5. Wow, thank you for another fabulous dish... Goodness,, lesson learned,, DOUBLE IT NEXT TIME ha ha. Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can you use sliced Colby jack cheese inside of shredded?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheyanna. I have never tried using sliced cheese before. I don't think it would be a problem.It is a pretty forgiving and easy recipe. I would say go for it, and let me know how it turns out. I wouldn't tell you to try it if I thought it would ruin it. Ingredients of any kind cost to much now a days.

      Delete

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF