Friday, July 11, 2014

Lemon Garlic Shrimp

Jodies Kitchen Lemon Garlic Shrimp


If it swims in the sea I will eat it!
 
I swear seafood is one of my favorite foods.
When I was a little girl we lived at the coast for a while due to my Dads job.
 
Mom and Dad said the first few weeks we had to stay at a hotel until the house they would rent became available. We had to eat at restaurants during those weeks.I ate nothing but shrimp (fried) twice a day for 3 weeks. Dad still says to this day I would have eaten it for breakfast if they would have let me.
 
I still love fried shrimp and have it often but sometimes we like to mix it up a bit.
I like this recipe because it is so fast to make and can be whipped up for a easy dinner or lunch. It is even great as an appetizer for guest.
 
Seth loves shrimp and grits and although I had no intentions on making this particular shrimp for that, I did accommodate his request and he spooned these delicious shrimp over grits. I however ate mine with some crusty bread and had a salad.
 They both are great ways to enjoy my Lemon Garlic Shrimp and I hope which ever way you choose that you and your family will enjoy as well.
 
 
Jodies Kitchen Lemon Garlic Shrimp
 
1 Pound shrimp cleaned (shells removed and deveined)
2 Tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flake
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
3 Tablespoons butter
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 to 1 Tablespoon lemon zest.
 
In a warmed skillet add olive oil, pepper flakes and garlic. Carefully sauté about 3 to 4 minutes on a lower heat making sure not to burn garlic. Add butter and lemon juice .Once butter has melted add shrimp and lemon zest. Sauté until shrimp is done. Garnish with lemon wedges if desired. Serve while hot.
 
 



4 comments:

  1. This looks great! And I love that you got the shrimp on sale. So budget-friendly! And, this recipe is so fast. Amazing! Thanks for sharing this one. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debi. It is a old recipe that lots of folks have had before, but sometimes we forget about the oldies.

      Delete
  2. This dish is a perfect example of how with the just the simplest and freshest of ingredients you can create the most magnificent dish! Sharing around!

    ReplyDelete

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF