Saturday, October 26, 2013

Pecan Brownies

Jodies Kitchen Pecan Brownies


This is one of the easiest recipes I have in my collection.
Years ago I started making Pecan Pie Bars and we love those,but I must say the recipe is much harder (recipe in link).
So years ago I had found this one written on a piece of notebook paper,Im sure I copied from a mag somewhere and decided I would give it a try since it seemed so easy.To my surpeise it taste almost exactly like the Pecan Pie bars I had been making,but much easier and a little more like a brownie..well without the chocolate.
 
Its a fabulous recipe to make if you love Rich Buttery Pecan Flavor, if your a newer cook or just want something made from scratch that you can whip up fast.Now this isnt budget friendly,due the the outragious cost of Pecans and the amount of butter called for,but if you can splurge a little I think this will hit the spot. 


Jodies Kitchen Pecan Brownies
2 stickes butter melted
1 box or bag (16oz) light brown sugar..can use dark if that's what you have
2 eggs beaten
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups self rising flour
2 cups chopped pecans
In a large bowl add melted butter,sugar,eggs,vanilla.Mix together.Then add flour and nuts and mix well until all combined,it make take a strong hand and a few minutes.Pour into a greased 13X9 baking dish and bake on 325F for 35 to 45 minutes. Let cool several hours before cutting.Good Luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF