Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Japanese Style Vegetables








Do you remember the first visit to a Japanese restaurant where they were cooking on a hibachi?
I do, my boyfriend (now husband) took me.
I was absolutely amazed at the shrimp flipping, onion castle building chef, in the tall chefs hat.
We had so much fun that night and the food was delicious.I was automatically hooked.

Then, years ago, my cousin Crystal Ball showed me how to make delicious Japanese Vegetables.

 YES!!! 
That is her name, pretty cool...HUH?
Crystal is actually a fantastic cook herself.
She is also a fan of this type of cooking.I remember her teaching Mom and I how to make the veggies originally using zucchini, onion, sesame seeds and soy sauce.
Like me, Crystal is one of those cooks who sometimes just does things by taste.So that is how I did it for many years following her technique.

My oldest son and his fiance absolutely love hibachi cooked cuisine as well.
They themselves, started cooking many dishes that have the same flavors very familiar to us from these Japanese restaurants.
Once my Son and his fiance started making this dish with the addition of teriyaki sauce, no doubt because my son absolutely loves teriyaki.They were kind enough to share recipes for vegetables along with the delicious yum yum sauce that I love to pour...NOT DRIZZLE, LOL!  on my Japanese food.

Need the recipe for Yum Yum Sauce? CLICK HERE


NOTE: You may substitute veggies if you like, but cooking times may be different depending on the veg.
Jodies Kitchen Japanese Style Vegetables
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 medium onion sliced thin
1 carrot sliced thin
2 medium zucchini cut into strips 
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoon teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Warm a large skillet to medium heat and add oil.Add onions and carrots and cook 5 minutes.Add zucchini and saute about one minute, then add sauces and seeds.Saute about 5 minutes making sure all veggies are coated well in sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF