Friday, March 13, 2015

Honey Garlic Pork Chops







I SCORED! 

Pork Chops on sale that is.Which is about the only time I purchase them anymore.
Because pork chops are not on sale as often as chicken at my grocery store we do consider these a treat.
Sometimes I luck up and can get a whole pork loin on sale, then I will cut up the loin myself for boneless chops.Boneless chops works just as well in this recipe, and chicken is yummy too.

I was invited to dinner at my sons house one night when they served these pork chops.
My son told me he had a treat for me before hand, and he sure knew what he was talking about.They were delicious.He had grilled his chops as well but told me they could be done in the oven too.I have tried this recipe both ways.
I also made these in the crock pot several times and they are super tasty and easy.I included all 3 cooking directions in the recipe so you can choose the method that best suits you.

If I had to choose, I would say grilled is my favorite because I can get the good caramelized crispy burnt edges, which I absolutely love.
If you notice the chop that is pictured front and center, that is my chop.All mine, cooked to order..LOL.The others in the house dont like theirs cooked as much this way, so theirs are cooked over indirect heat on the grill a little longer than mine.I cook mine on direct flame to get the burnt edges then move it over indirect heat to finish cooking for a shorter period of time.

This will flame up because of the honey if you are not careful, and you may want to give the recipe a try in the oven at first.Your choice.


The veggies I serve when making these chops or making it with chicken is normally my Asian Vegetables.The flavors go very well together. 

Recipe for my Asian Vegetables can be found by CLICKING HERE.


Jodies Kitchen Honey Garlic Pork Chops
4 pork chops (bone in or out)
1/4 cup plus 2 Tablespoons honey
3 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
6 garlic cloves (minced)

Whisk honey,soy sauce and garlic together in a bowl.Cover chops and let marinade for a minimum of 6 hours up to overnight.
Grill chops until done.
Baking Directions.Place marinated chops along with marinating sauce in a baking dish that has been covered with foil for easy clean up.Bake in a 400F oven until chops are done.
Crock- Pot/Slow Cooker Method.Make a double batch of marinade.Marinade chops in one batch of sauce.Place chops in a lined crock pot for easy clean up.Add the additional batch of marinade all over chops in the slow cooker and cook until done, you may add up to 6 pork chops if doing in slow cooker.I recommend using boneless chops if doing in the slow cooker.

1 comment:

  1. The burnt parts are my favorite too Jodie!! I mean, the familia gives me their bones...
    Seriously!! *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF