Thursday, May 8, 2014

Strawberry Palmer

Jodies Kitchen Strawberry Palmer




Now doesn't that look nice and refreshing? 
Well I promise it is.

If any of you have ever had a Arnold Palmer than you know how good they are.We normally make it by combining sweet tea and lemonade for a great combination.

Well what is even better is if you add my strawberry lemonade instead of regular.It is a nice refreshing spin on the old classic..Well if you like strawberries that is.
This is such a great recipe to have because you can make up batches of both my tea & lemonade and combine them for guest if they wish.

You can also come up with your own combination by starting with the tea and adding the desired amount of lemonade they like.

Jodies Kitchen Strawberry Palmer
By the Glass: Mix 1/3 cup sweet tea and 1/3 cup of my strawberry lemonade.Stir and fill glass with ice.
By the pitcher: I suggest 7 cups of sweet tea and my whole recipe for my strawberry lemonade (about 2 quarts) If you wish you may start with the tea first then adding lemonade to your liking.

For my Sweet Tea
 makes1 gallon
2 quarts water for boiling
10 tea bags (not family size)
1 & 1/3 cup sugar
2 quarts cold water
Lemon if desired
Place 2 quarts water in pot and bring to a boil.Take off heat and add tea bags making sure they get submerged.Let sit for 15 minutes.In a gallon sized container add sugar.Pour tea mix into container,squeeze any tea left into bags into your container and stir.Water should be warm enough still to help dissolve sugar.Add 2 quarts cold water and stir or shake well.Place directly into refrigerator uncovered or un capped until completely cool.This should sit several hours before serving.

For My Strawberry Lemonade
  makes about 2 quarts
1 pound fresh strawberries cleaned & capped
1 cup sugar
1 cup water
1 cup fresh lemon juice
4 cups cold water
Combine sugar and 1/2 cup of the one cup of water,heat in a small pot on stove until sugar is dissolved.Remove from heat..
Add remaining 1/2 cup water and strawberries to a food processor or blender and puree.Strain strawberry puree to get rid of seeds and pulp.Combine the sugar, water,strawberry puree,lemon juice,and and cold water.Stir well.Refrigerate until ready to serve.I like mine to sit at-least 3 hours before serving.Make sure to stir before serving.

1 comment:

  1. Woah! I'm reаlly enjoying the template/theme of this
    blog. It's simple, yet effective. A lot of times it's cɦallenging to get tҺat
    "perfect balance" between superb usability and appeaгance.
    I must say you have ɗone a amazing job with this. Αlѕo, the blog loads verƴ quick for me on Firefox.
    Outstanɗinǥ Blog!

    Look at my site :: sac inspiration hermes

    ReplyDelete

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF