Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Fried Green Beans

Jodies Kitchen Fried Green Beans




I started looking for different ways to make green beans several years ago when we had them coming out the wazoo from the garden.I had to come up with something I knew my little one would eat as well.
In past years I had eaten fried green beans at restaurants and enjoyed them myself.
I thought possibly my little one might enjoy them as well.
I have played around with the recipe several ways and came up with this basic one which works pretty well for my family.
My little one loves them,and I have no problem getting him to eat these at all.
If you like dipping sauces you could definitely dip these in your favorite.

We normally just eat up while they are hot...You will want to do these in batches so you don't over crowd your pot..It is a little time consuming but well worth it... Good Luck



Jodies Kitchen Fried Green Beans
1 pound green beans cleaned 
2 cups flour
2 eggs beaten
2 cups milk 
1 tablespoon yellow corn meal
2 cups bread crumbs (un seasoned)
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 ts. onion powder
oil for frying-I used canola
Place the flour in a shallow dish. In another dish whip the eggs and milk together. In a third dish, mix the corn meal, breadcrumbs, salt, garlic and onion powders.Heat the oil in a deep, heavy bottom  pot over medium high heat.Shake the water off of part of the beans of beans, leaving them damp. Toss in the flour, turning to coat.Transfer beans to the egg and milk mixture, coating well.Dredge beans in the breadcrumbs to coat well and gently place into the oil. Fry until golden brown.Remove beans and drain well on paper towel,add more salt if needed.Continue with the rest of the beans in batches.

1 comment:

  1. Cornmeal... what an ingenious idea!! ♥ I'll have 1lb please!

    ReplyDelete

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF