Tuesday, February 11, 2014

German Chocolate Inside Out Cake

Jodies Kitchen German Chocolate Inside Out cake




One day while at the store I was picking up the ingredients to make my Butter Pecan Cake.
I was looking at the cake mixes and my brain wasnt working.
I said to my husband I cant remember which flavor cake mix I need.
Now keep in mind that I have made my Butter-pecan cake many times.
For some reason I had German Chocolate in the brain and I said yes,that's what I need is German Chocolate Cake mix and Butter-pecan frosting.

When I got home and took out my recipe I was mad as fire.I realized DUH! I needed Butter-pecan cake mix. 

Not wanting to waste what I had bought I thought I would come of with a totally new recipe.Well Jodie wrong again.

After making the cake and calling Mom to tell her how good it was she informed me she had made that cake years ago when first making the butter pecan cake as well.So I didnt end up with what I thought was an original,but nevertheless I did end up with a delicious Chocolate cake.

Now I honestly could do without the chocolate syrup on mine,but when getting ready to take the pic for this post my hubby was wanting a slice and lets just say the pitifull looking slice he left for me wasnt much more than a crumb.So he likes the syrup but it really is over kill for me and you cant even taste the Butter -pecan Icing when using that much syrup.

This cake is moist and delicious,and I have found that it is best if you let it sit for 24 hours before serving.Now is that optional? Of course.But what you will find is that after 24 hours that cake has taken on a much deeper richer German Chocolate flavor and just gets moister as time goes by.






Jodie Kitchrn German Chocolate Inside Out Cake
1 Box German Chocolate Cake mix (I used Duncan Hines)
1 Container Coconut and pecan frosting

1 Cup whole milk
2/3 Cup oil
4 Large eggs
 Combine and beat all ingredients except frosting for 2 minutes.Then add the can of frosting to the mix and combine well.
Pour into a greased and floured (or use spray) Bunt pan.Bake 40 + minutes in a  preheated 325F oven.
NOTE: Baking times vary always keep a check
When cake has cooled turn out and per sugestion wait 24 hours till cutting (optional)
You may serve with Chocolate sauce if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF