Monday, January 6, 2014

White Bread

Jodies Kitchen Easy Homemade White Bread



I have never considered myself a true baker.
Bread has never been an easy thing for me.There are several recipes though that I feel very comfortable with in making.This being one of them. 

I didn't have a bread machine up until a few years ago.With that being said I had several recipes which I could make over the years I didn't even need one for.
I rarely use my bread machine and don't make bread often unless it's in the winter.I love the smell of fresh bread in the oven.Oh lets not forget my homemade butter,it goes perfect with homemade bread
http://jodieskitchenrecipes.blogspot.com/2014/01/homemade-butter.html 

Now this bread is a favorite of my Husbands,not particularly mine.I prefer sour dough bread.I think its because that's what Mom always made.The first time I made this I really wasn't happy with it because it lacked the flavor I was accustomed to in Sourdough.My husband does not like sourdough so this one was perfect for him.He request this during the winter months and will use it for sandwiches .

Yes it will make a hearty substantial sandwich.But he also likes to warm it in the microwave and just add butter.

This recipe was also good for me because it didn't require Bread Flour,which I don't think I have ever had.The original recipe for this was one of my Grandma Shoemakers.I expect she didn't have bread flour either which is why several of her recipes I have only requires all purpose flour. I always have that on hand. I did change the method of her original recipe since I have a food processor and I am sure she didn't and all her kneading was done by hand.But using a food processor with this recipe works perfectly for me.













Jodies Kitchen Easy Homemade White Bread
Makes 1 8x4 loaf
3 cups all purpose flour
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 package rapid rise yeast .25 oz
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons butter room temp
1 egg
3/4 cup very warm water. NOT boiling) about 110 F.
In your food processor with blade in it.Add flour,sugar,yeast and salt.Process until well combined.Add egg and butter,begin processing again,and slowly pour warm water through the feed tube.Continue kneading process about a minute and a half,pushing down dough into bowl if needed.A ball of dough should have formed by now.Remove dough and form into a loaf.Place loaf into a lightly greased 8x4 loaf pan.Loosely cover and let rise in a warm place, 1 hour or until doubled.Preheat oven to 375F Bake in preheated oven until top is golden brown and the loaf sounds hollow when tapped.I took mine just a little under 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF