Saturday, October 12, 2013

Semi Homemade Egg Drop Soup

Jodies Kitchen Semi Homemade Egg Drop Soup


I am always looking for different ways to use my delicious farm fresh free range eggs.As you also know I am not Asian and simply don't have many recipes for Asian dishes.I do however love Asian cuisine, and Egg Drop Soup is my favorite soup from my local Chinese take out place.

With that being said,I wasn't really trying to copy that recipe when I first started making this,I actually wanted Chicken noodle soup one day and didn't have any noodles,so I played around using the eggs and some different spices.So if you want to know is this going to taste just exactly like Egg Drop from the restaurant....Well no it isn't,but you get a lot of the same basic flavor,and I believe you will like this just as well,if not better.

This easy semi homemade soup can be made in so many different ways really changing it up with different spices or adding some vegetables.You will notice I didn't have green onions on this like we see at the Chinese take out places.I simply didn't have any the day this was made,and thought I would top with red onion.No I did not like the red onion and ended up taking it out .I recommend topping with Green onion (scallions) if you have them,and also the Crispy Fried wontons which I also did not have.This is still a fantastic semi homemade soup even without those.
 
 
Jodies Kitchen Easy Egg Drop Soup makes about 2 servings
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon grated Ginger
Chicken broth 14 oz can
2 eggs well beaten
Oil about 1/2 tbs. I used Canola
In a pot add your oil and bring to a low heat,then add garlic and ginger sauteing about 2 minutes on low.Then turn up the stove to high and add chicken broth,bring to a boil,then turn down heat cover with lid and simmer 5 minutes.Turn heat off and slowly pour beaten eggs into your soup mix.You can do this in streams or whisk it in for little bits of egg all throughout the soup,It will taste the same no matter which method you use.Garnish with Scallion tops & Crispy fried Wontons if desired.


No comments:

Post a Comment

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF