Sunday, October 20, 2013

Honey Pecan Pancakes

Jodies Kitchen Honey Pecan Pancakes


One evening I was craving Pancakes which is something we will make for dinner on occasion.It happened to be Fall several years ago,and I had bought an extra box of Bran Flakes cereal thinking we were out.
 My intentions for these Flakes were for muffins.When I realized I already had a box and bought another,I thought I better come up with something else to do with these.
 
This particular evening I decided it would be a perfect time to incorporate the fakes and some spices I used commonly in the Fall. You can make the pancakes as sweet as you want by adding more sugar,or make them without,and let the honey do all your sweetening for you.
 
The best thing about this recipe is you can make it once by the recipe,then decide next time if you want more or less spice,or sugar.Its all up to you.
 
If your not a honey lover,yes you can use your Maple Syrup,but then we would need to change the name LOL.
This pic only shows some of the Pancakes that is made from this recipe. My kiddo couldn't wait for pics.

Don't forget to toast those pecans before hand.It makes a big difference.


Jodies Kitchen Honey Pecan Pancakes
Makes about 9 large pancakes
2 cups Bran Flakes Cereal.... no raisins
1 1/3 cup baking mix..I used Bisquick
1 tbs. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
2 tbs.Sugar..optional
2 Eggs beaten
1 tbs Vanilla extract
1 cup Milk
1/2 cup Pecans chopped well..I did mine in food processor
In a food processor pulse bran flakes very well,then add to a large bowl,and start adding all dry ingredients.Mix well,then add all other ingredients and beat well.Make sure to mix out all large lumps without over mixing.Simply cook pancakes as desired.
Topping 
1 cup honey heated
1/2 cup finely chopped Pecans
 Mix together...You may make as much as your Family needs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF