Saturday, September 28, 2013

Taco Subs

Jodies Kitchen Taco Subs


My taco subs are so easy and very tasty.
 
It came to me many years ago when we wanted tacos,and I do mean many years ago,because my thoughts on tacos have came a long way since back then.When I was young the ground beef and taco seasoning from the pack was the only way I knew to make a taco.That's going to be a whole another post at some time though. Oh, I got off track..
 
 Well We wanted Tacos and had no tortillas shells in the house,but we had sub rolls so that's how my Taco subs came to be.
These may look like hotdog rolls to you,but are simply 6 inch whole wheat rolls cut almost all the way threw.Yes I have even done them with hot dog buns before and my saying is, use what you have.
These can be toasted if you like,and you take the basic meat mixture and then each person can add what they wish,just like on a taco.
Pictured is lettuce and tomato,one with just Mexican blend cheese,and one with just salsa added.


Jodies Kitchen Taco Subs makes 4 -6 inch subs 
1 lb. Ground Hamburger or ground meat of your choice
1 small onion diced
1 small Bell Pepper Diced
1 Jalapeno diced
1 & 1/2 Tablespoons taco seasoning mix
1/4 cup of water
4 - 6 inch Sub Rolls
Brown meat along with your onion,pepper and jalapeno.Drain off grease, then put back into pan and add Taco seasoning mix and water.Mix all together and let cook about 3 minutes.Your Done.Fill Rolls and add your toppings. 

NOTE: If you don't have the onion & peppers,this can be made without those,you will still have plenty of flavor with the seasoning pack.If you don't have Taco Seasoning you can always spice up your meat with some Cumin, paprika, onion powder, chilli powder and garlic powder. That's  pretty much what are in most of those packs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF