Sunday, September 29, 2013

Crispy Polynesian Butterscotch Cookies

Jodies Kitchen Crispy Polynesian Butterscotch Cookies

 
I will be honest I am not a Butterscotch fan at all.I don't hate the flavor,its just something I normally don't go for.
 
When Mom said she had a recipe for these cookies she wanted me to try,I must say I wasn't very excited. When I finally took my first bite,I was hooked instantly, and did eat 3.
 
Now did I all the sudden love Butterscotch? No not at all,but these were delicious.They are crispy but also have a slight chew to them.
 
There is a lot that goes into these,but I promise it is well worth it.When telling a friend about these cookies the other day,she said she had eaten
 them many times.I guess it was something I had never tried before since not being a butterscotch fan. 
Even if your not a big butterscotch fan but are a cookie lover I suggest you give these a try.Just look at all the lovely ingredients,no way these wont be a hit with your family as well.


Jodies Kitchen Polynesian Butterscotch Cookies
Makes 3 1/2 dozen
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter..softened..(1 stick)
1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups butterscotch morsels
1/2 cup uncooked quick oats
1/2 cup cereal flakes..such as corn flakes..not the frosted ones.
1/2 cup flaked coconut
1/2 cup chopped pecans.
Combine flour,soda,salt, in one bowl.Then beat together in another bowl.. butter,oil,sugars,eggs,and vanilla till creamy.Gradually add your flour mix into this mixture until well combined.Then add all remaining ingredients,and stir well.Drop by rounded tablespoons onto a UN greased baking sheet.Bake 10-14 minutes in a preheated 350F oven or until edges are crisp but center is still soft.Let stand 2 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.





No comments:

Post a Comment

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF