Monday, July 20, 2015

Sausage Queso Dip






I wish there was a way to make this delicious dip look more appealing for you, but honestly I took the pic while at the lake on a disposable plate just before I was about to dig in.

When we have a crowd at the lake, it is all I can do to get a picture before the hungry crowd starts to dig in, and I will tell you, they care nothing about waiting while I try to stage a picture for my blog.

They just wanna eat!

This isn't a new recipe for some folks and one my family has enjoyed for years.I have no idea who in the family made it first, I just remember it always being around and all of us loving it.

We love spice so we always use hot sausage, hot, salsa, and hot queso cheese for this.If heat is not what you want, then using mild ingredients will still give you all the flavor without setting your mouth on fire. 
 
PLEASE NOTE! The jars sizes you may have available could be different than mine, but a little more or a little less of the cheese or salsa will not hurt this recipe in any way.ENJOY!


Jodies Kitchen Sausage Queso Dip
1 pound country breakfast sausage browned and drained of fat
1 (15 ounce) jar Salsa (room temp)
1 (approximate 15 oz jar salsa con queso cheese)
1 green onion (scallion) chopped for topping

Heat Salsa con queso cheese and mix with browned sausage and salsa.Combine well and top with green onion.Serve hot with tortilla chips or butter crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF