Monday, May 11, 2015

Parmesan Zucchini

Parmesan Zucchini, a great low carb baked zucchini packed with flavor.





Parmesan Zucchini, another great idea I have to thank Mom for.
My mother is a diabetic as some of you know and she is always making low carb things that absolutely amaze me.
Recently I went for a visit and she had made a big sheet pan of these and me being the Parmesan cheese lover I am, I knew I had to try them.
Of course they were a hit with me like so many of her recipes, when she told me how to make them I couldn't believe how simple they are.
Just zucchini and Parmesan cheese.
Mom told me she had seen many recipes for these but most of them called for some type of breading whether baked or fried and she had to make these a little more diabetic friendly without all the breading.So she decided to leave off all breading and just sprinkle these with the parm.What a fabulous idea, and since I have been trying to add more veggies to my diet, this was a keeper for sure.

I only use real grated Parmesan cheese on these, mom has used the preshredded in the bag before and says it works just fine.Neither of us have ever tried the shake on Parmesan because we dont use that any longer.I would say it could work but I would definitely give it a try with the real deal instead, you will get a much better flavor.

These are not crisp like a potato chip but are not soggy either like you might expect zucchini to be.They make a great side or a fantastic low carb snack.


No need for an exact recipe on this it is so easy.

Jodies Kitchen Parmesan Zucchini
Zucchini sliced in about 1/4 inch slices
Real Parmesan cheese grated
Preheat oven to 425F and place zucchini on a baking sheet.Sprinkle each zucchini slice with a good amount of Parmesan.Bake in oven about 18 minutes or until Parmesan is golden brown.Remove and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF