Monday, March 2, 2015

Buttermilk Pancakes








There are several traditions we have in my house when it snows.One would be to always have hot-chocolate ready for my little one when he comes in from playing outside.I mean after all all those snowmen, igloos, and snow angels you are cold and wet and need something to warm you up from inside out.
The other tradition we have it to have a huge pancake feast with either sausage or bacon.Sometimes we go for a fruit filled pancake, sometimes its a fruit topped pancake and sometimes its just a regular ole buttermilk cake which happens to be one of my favorite.

Even-though I took a shortcut using baking mix, which by the way sure comes in handy when my little one is pushing on me at 6am to get up and cook.These still taste just as good as if I had made them entirely from scratch.I do put my foot down when it comes to my syrup and butter.Nothing but the real thing with both of those and they must be hot.I hate having steaming hot cakes and then drowning them with cold butter and syrup.



Jodies Kitchen Buttermilk Pancakes
1 cup Bisquick mix
1Tbs. sugar
Pinch of nutmeg
1/2 cup whole buttermilk
1 egg beaten
1/2 tsp. Vanilla
Real butter (room temp)
Real maple syrup (heated)
Mix all dry ingredients together, then add the wet. Mix together. leaving a few small lumps is O.K. Pour onto a buttered griddle or in your frying pan medium high. Do not use so much butter that your cakes are frying, just enough to help keep from sticking. Turn cakes over when they have bubbled on top.
Notes: ALWAYS heat butter and syrup before adding to pancakes.
If you have a lot of pancakes to make keep your oven on low and place pancakes in the oven until ready to serve them all.




2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful picture my friend!! Makes me want to dig right in!!

    ReplyDelete

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF