Sunday, October 12, 2014

Creamy Jalapeno Corn Casserole








My Creamy Jalapeno Corn Casserole is one of those side dishes that screams COMFORT!
It is for the true jalapeno lover though.

It is also for those who love one skillet recipes. If you have been following me a while you know I hate doing pots and pans, and have no dishwasher, so anytime I can cook this way I do.

You could serve this casserole alongside any meat of your choice. I think my favorites is BBQ chicken or BBQ ribs. I like a sweet sauce sometimes and the sweetness from the barbeque sauce and the heat of the casserole works very well together.

Of course if you are a jalapeno lover you already know, if you remove the seeds and inner-membranes then you will remove some of the heat from the jalapeno.
With this casserole I normally remove seeds and membrane from one of the jalapenos and when topping with the jalapeno slices I leave the seeds in. This seems to work well for my house.

Are you counting jalapeno yet...LOL
It is a total of 2 


Variations - For a complete meal I will add left over diced or shredded cooked chicken.
I add the chicken at the point I add the corn.
If you would like diced onion and peppers, these can also be added to this casserole. Just sauté them first in the bacon fat then remove before following the other steps and add back into the mix when you add the corn.


Jodies Kitchen Creamy Jalapeno Corn Casserole

6 slices bacon cooked crisp & crumbled - save 1 tsp fat
2 tablespoons butter
2 jalapenos 1 & 1/2 minced fine- other 1/2 sliced
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons flour
1 & 1/4 cup half and half 
2 - 15 oz cans corn drained and rinsed you may use fresh
1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese

Preheat oven 425F
(1)In a large skillet cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon, crumble and sit aside.
(2) Add butter to skillet that has the 1 tsp fat, the 1&1/2 minced jalapeno and salt. Sautee on medium low about 3 minutes.
(3) Add flour and stir with fork, let cook about 3 minutes making sure not to burn.
(4) Turn heat up to medium high, add half and half a little at the time while whisking. Once all half and half is incorporated let cook just until thickened and remove skillet from heat.
(5) Add corn, mix well. Top with cheese and jalapeno slices. Place in oven and bake until bubbling and golden brown.
You may or may not remove seeds from jalapeno, your choice.

2 comments:

  1. I don't like jalapeños but I would certainly make this for my husband, my dad, or my sister as they would all love this! You should get a "Pin it" button for you images. I'd love to share this on Pinterest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fairytales and Fitness.I hope you make it for the family and they enjoy.All of my recipes can be pinned.The button is just above where you commented.It says recommend this on M B T F P G+ sorry you missed it.

      Delete

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF