Monday, June 30, 2014

Blueberry Loaf Cake

Blueberry Loaf Cake



I actually have to give credit to two of my family members for this great recipe.
Mom being one who shared it with me and our Cousin Kathy Odell who was kind enough to originally give it to Mom.
Now Kathy not only gave Mom the recipe but also made her a version of this Blueberry Lemon Loaf to try.
 
I say version because Mom said Kathy had change the original recipe some to suit her better.Mom tried what Kathy had made and loved it.She also decided to try the original recipe which Kathy had also turned over to her.Now I wasn't lucky enough to try Kathy's re make version but did hit the jack pot when I visited Mom the other day and she had made the original loaf cake.
 
Mom did choose to leave the icing off this but I have included the original recipe along with the icing recipe as well for those who may want to give it a try.

I decided to get my youngest Son Seth involved with taking the picture for this.
Normally Seth's only part helping me out with post are holding the door open when I am running outside with a hot dish of whatever I have made, or waiting very impatiently for me to get finished so he can gobble up what ever sweet treat I prepared.
This time I thought I would put him to work.
 
I said Seth "I need an assistant to help me with my photo shoot".So funny because it sounds so professional and that's far from what it was.
Seth however thought it was a fantastic idea and wanted to know if he would get paid.Well he's a smart little 7 year old I must say.It was a balmy 90 degrees and sun blazing that day.I agreed to pay him.His job was pretty simple and included getting my props ready.PROPS! Haha yeah just my 4th of July table cloth and a few other items.
He also had to move my table around a few times for me and then pack up everything when done.It made him feel very important and a part of what Mommy enjoys doing.So a dollar later and he was happy..Yep only a dollar,but to him it could have been 50.




Jodies Kitchen Blueberry Lemon Loaf Cake
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 stick unsalted butter room temp.
4 oz. cream cheese room temp
2/3 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 TBS.vanilla extract
2 TBS.lemon zest
1 cup fresh blueberries
Preheat oven 350F. Grease loaf pan.
Whisk together flour,baking powder,salt & set aside.Beat butter,cream cheese and sugar together then incorporate eggs one at the time.Add vanilla & zest mixing all together well.Pour the mixture over your flour mixture and combine well.Fold in blueberries and pour into pan.Bake 50 to 55 minutes or until done when testing.

Icing
4 oz cream cheese room temp
4 TBS butter room temp
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Mix cream cheese & butter well add sugar and vanilla beat until well combined.

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious to me! I love blueberries and lemon together!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle for leaving your comment.It really is a nice combo of flavors for sure.

      Delete

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF