Thursday, May 22, 2014

Potato Wedges

Jodies Kitchen Potato Wedges







I would say, I have cooked potatoes in about every way known to man.
We grow them in our garden every year and I still purchase potatoes throughout the year from the store as well.I cant even remember the fist time I made Potato wedges at home for the first time it was so many years ago.

 These are not fried but baked in the oven!

I like doing these because they can be seasoned in so many different ways.I stuck with the original version in this post mainly to highlight the cooking method which is very important in a good wedge.They are easy to make and fun to eat.You can always use your favorite dipping sauce or stick with regular old ketchup.For me it's normally mayo & ketchup together.GOOD LUCK!


Jodies Kitchen Homemade Potato Wedges
3 medium potatoes skins on cut into wedges
1 Tbs. cooking oil
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
Preheat oven to 425F. Drizzle half of oil onto a sheet pan and spread oil evenly.Add pan to oven for heating about 4 minutes.Meanwhile in a bowl add wedges and toss with reaming oil.Once pan is heated remove from oven and place wedges in a single layer on side (Not skin side) Sprinkle with half of your salt and pepper.Place in oven and cook about 15 minutes.Remove pan and turn each wedge over to the other side,sprinkle with remaining salt & pepper.Cook another 15 minutes or until wedges are done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF