Saturday, May 17, 2014

Pineapple Trifle

Jodies Kitchen Pineapple Trifle


As the weather warms up most of us look for something a little more light and refreshing when it comes to our desserts.
My Pineapple Trifle is something my family has enjoyed for years.Well not my husband he absolutely does not like pineapple in any way.
 
But if you are a pineapple lover like me then you welcome a cool refreshing pineapple dessert.
 
I make this most of the time with pineapple chunks but I have used crushed as well.I do like the chunks better to give more texture to this dessert.Once it sits for a while the cake will get soft.You could of course cut time by purchasing a cake but its so easy using cake mix I have never done that.
This is absolutely beautiful if actually made in a trifle dish.Since my husband doesn't like pineapple and I was making this for my Son & I, I chose to put in a a plastic bowl.
It is much easier to store and takes up less room in my fridge.I knew it would take him and I a few days to eat this and I need all the room I can get in my fridge.


Jodies Kitchen Pineapple Trifle
1 box white cake mix made per direction in a 9x13 pan, baked,cooled and cut into bite sized pieces.
8 oz whipped topping or sweetened whipped cream (2 cups)
1 box instant vanilla pudding 3.75 oz made per directions
40 oz canned pineapple chunks,tidbits,or crushed...Drained
Make pudding and refrigerate until sit up.Then fold in whipped topping to your pudding.
Start by layering 1/2 of your cake,then 1/2 pineapple,then 1/2 pudding mixture.Layer once more ending up with the pudding mixture on top.Refrigerated and let sit at least one hour before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF