Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Squash Lasagna

Jodies Kitchen Squash Lasagna




I love Cheesy Gooey Lasagna,and several years ago when over run with squash I thought how could I incorporate it into my lasagna?
Well I made my regular lasagna and added the squash to the meat sauce.
It was delicious.
Then came the time I started watching carbs and I decided to replace the noodles with thin slices of squash.That was good as well.Those days of me watching carbs are long gone now,but I still like the idea of using up that fresh squash this time of year.

I edited this post to make sure and tell you to have plenty of good crusty bread to sop up some delicious juices with this recipe.It makes for a juicer lasagna due to the moister in the squash.I didn't want you to be caught without any bread and let that deliciousness go to waist.




 I used an 8x8 greased baking dish and 4 medium sized squash cut length wise. I also cut off the skinny ends so they would be about the same thickness. Don't forget to salt your squash at this point.



 You will make layers with the squash first,then your meat sauce then a layer of Cottage Cheese and a layer of shredded cheese.




 I ended up doing two layers in all. This is the beginning of the last layer.You should end up with the shredded cheese as your last layer.




Jodies Kitchen  Squash Lasagna
4 medium sized squash...I used 2 for bottom layer and 2 for top..It will depend on the size of your squash.
1 pound browned and drained ground meat of your choice (I used 1/2 pork & 1/2 beef)
1 and 1/4 cup marinara sauce...I used homemade but you may use store bought sauce.
1 -16 oz Cottage cheese
8 oz shredded Italian cheese blend
Salt to taste.
First brown and drain your meat,then mix with your marinara sauce and sit aside.Grease a 8x8 baking dish and layer the bottom with squash covering bottom of pan.Salt squash then and half your meat sauce,then add half of cottage cheese on that, then sprinkle with half of your shredded cheese.You will then start your second layer and do the same as first,ending up with the shredded cheese on top.Bake at 425F until cheese is golden and bubbling.


This Squash Lasagna Partied at  http://www.lovebakesgoodcakes.com/2013/07/all-my-bloggy-friends-57.html
& at http://thebestblogrecipes.com/2013/08/link-party-the-weekend-re-treat-28.html

5 comments:

  1. I haven't made a squash lasagna yet but this sure does look like it's worth a try! So glad you linked it up to The Weekend re-Treat on The Best Blog Recipes!

    I've pinned your post to my Link Party Recipes Board!

    Shauna @ The Best Blog Recipes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shauna,thanks so much.I hope you will give it a try.You know I am a new to the Linky Parties and Pinterest so I do appreciate it.My best regards.

      Delete
  2. Happy Friday! My Friday Flash Blog linky party is live @ The Jenny Evolution – a flash mob of blogs where you share your favorite posts of the week. Hope to see you there -- you may just get highlighted next week!

    Jennifer
    thejennyevolution.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the invite Jennifer, I look forward to it.My best regards.

      Delete

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF