Saturday, July 13, 2013

Cream Style Corn

Jodies Kitchen Cream Style Corn



A Family favorite for sure.I'm not talking of that mushed up mess that comes out of a can.I have never eaten a can of Creamed Style Corn from a can I actually liked.Have I eaten it and do I eat if? Well if I have to,but with fresh corn available this time a year its to easy and to tasty not to make it yourself.Here is what I do.


Jodies Kitchen Cream Style Corn 3 ears of fresh corn any variety you like... I ended up with about 3 cups of corn
1/2 stick butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
salt & pepper to taste
First start by cutting your corn off the cob,then you will want to Milk your cob by running the back of your knife down the cob after the corn has been taken off doing all this in the bowl.Put corn into a pot and add the butter,cream,salt and pepper. Let simmer until cream has reduced slightly I did mine about 20 minutes with no lid on the pot.
NOTE: I never try and mash up or puree my corn to make cream style corn,some folks do..But I like my kernels still whole & crisp.I also never add any type of thickening agent.If you wanted you could but the longer you let it simmer the thicker it will get due to the starch already in it. Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF