Thursday, June 20, 2013

Sausage Balls

Jodies Sausage Balls



I have probably eaten my weight in these old fashioned sausage balls. A version of these can be found in many cookbooks in many households especially in the south.
I can't remember the first time I ever tasted these, I just remember them always being around while growing up.
These are always a staple in my home now,especially around the fall and winter. My husband is a hunter, and it is a tradition he always carries a few with him into the woods.
My little guy loves to help make these, they are so hands on and he gobbles up several as soon as they come out of the oven.

Jodies kitchen Sausage Balls
1 pound country sausage
1 cup sharp shredded cheese
1 cup biscuit mix
Mix all ingredients together and roll into 1 inch balls.Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350f for about 15 minutes.
NOTE:If sausage and cheese are room temp makes for combining ingredients easier.
 

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF