Thursday, February 11, 2016

Zesty Crab Dip

Easy 3 ingredient crab dip fit for any occasion




Recently when Mom and I were discussing the menu for our super bowl party she said she wanted to make crab dip.I figured it would be our crab Rangoon dip since we all loved it so much.
Once I made it to her house I knew immediately this was not our regular crab dip.

I was pretty skeptical and I must admit I was a little upset because I was looking forward to the crab Rangoon.
Mom usually puts out some pretty tasty food so I gave it a try and honestly it took me several crackers and dip to figure out if I liked it or not.

I must have because there was a little left over from the game party and I took it home, we had a ton of food.
The next day I tried it and liked it even better.
You really do get the crab flavor even though this is heavily seasoned.

The seasoning is the trick to this dish however.
There can be no substitute and it turn out anything like this, so mom says.
Its Mrs.Dash Extra Spicy!

Mom said when she was going through cardiac rehab after heart surgery one of the other ladies gave her this recipe.Since they wanted them to watch sodium they all used lots of Mrs Dash seasonings.
Of course putting it on a salty butter cracker pretty much defeats that purpose.
You can use low fat mayo with this if you like, but I choose full fat, once you cut fat they add more sugar most of the time, and I myself am trying to watch the carbs.

Which brings me to this....Use a whole wheat cracker if you wish, or celery as a dipper.


Jodies Kitchen Zesty Crab Dip
1 (14 ounce) package imitation crab meat chopped well
1 cup mayonnaise
2 1/2 to 3 teaspoons Mrs. Dash extra spicy blend
Mix all together and let sit chilled for 3 hours before serving.






No comments:

Post a Comment

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF