Thursday, October 29, 2015

Jalapeno Ranch Dip


Make it mild medium or smoking hot!


Recently I had a birthday approaching and some friends coming over to help me celebrate.
I originally thought I would just grab some store bought dips from the store and go with that.

I then got to thinking to myself, how lame that would be for me to skip on something so good as homemade dip because I was being lazy about my own celebration.


Hey! I am special and deserve the very best of the best so why not make it homemade.
After all, most dips need to be made ahead of time anyway and most are very simple to make.

Just like this Jalapeno Ranch which can be made to any degree of heat you like just by adding more or less of the pickled jalapeno.

The way the recipe is written is somewhere between a mild and medium.
I made it this way so that my friends who can't handle the heat would still be able to enjoy my dip with wings....OH YEAH!!!!  We know what a good combo that is.

You can dip chips, veggies or just about anything you like with ranch.
As a matter of fact, I dipped right many baby carrots into this bowl after I had taken the picture.
It's a great make ahead dip that can store in the refrigerator for up to a week and is served chilled.




Jodies Kitchen  Jalapeno Ranch Dip

1 cup mayonnaise
16 ounces sour cream
1/3 cup buttermilk ( more if you want it thinner)
1/2 cup salsa Verde (green salsa)
1 (16 ounce) pack ranch dressing mix
1/3 cup minced pickled jalapeno drained ( more for more heat)
1 tablespoon diced pickled jalapeno drained (for garnish)
 Blend all ingredients together until creamy and smooth except the 1 tablespoon of diced jalapeno and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.Add the jalapeno garnish and serve.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF