Monday, June 16, 2014

Squash Pie

Jodies Kitchen Squash Pie


My family is like yours when it comes to squash this time of year and we are on squash overload.
 
I am not complaining because we love it.
 
One of our favorite ways is just breaded and fried.But we also like yummy squash pies and they can be made in so many different ways by adding some of your favorites.You can also use this as a main meal or as a great side.

I will provide you with the one of my Families basic squash pie recipes in this post and you can add what you like to make it your own.
 
In this pic I went beyond the basic and added some green pepper,cooked bacon,red pepper,jalapenos,and paprika.The possibilities are endless.
I also have one cooking at the moment which has spinach included with the basic recipe.
These are great because it makes two and you can always use those square tins to freeze one for later if you like.The other really great thing about this recipe is being able to add your favorites because your not really going to mess it up but adding a few extras to the mix.



Jodies Kitchen Squash Pie 
(Makes 2)

3 to 4 cups grated squash and zucchini
1 onion diced
1 cup baking mix I use Bisquick
4 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon parsley
salt & pepper to taste 
Any addition seasoning or veggies of your choice

Mix all together pour into 2 greased pans.I use 8 or 9 inch pie tins (no shells) bake at 350F about 30 to 35 minutes uncovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF