Friday, October 24, 2014

Bacon Egg and Cheese Waffle








By now most of you know how I love my waffle iron.
It is so easy to use, clean up is a snap, during the summer it helps to keep the heat out of the kitchen, and lets face it, you can get very creative creating savory and sweet recipes.

What's not to love?

My bacon egg and cheese waffle is a favorite because it can be topped with all your favorite choices.Start with the basic unsweetened waffle and the options are endless.I do use a pre-made mix for this but if you have a favorite waffle recipe from scratch, of course use that just omit anything that may call for sweet ingredients.

What did I use for my savory waffle? Hot sauce of course replaces the syrup normally found on a sweet waffle. Of course that is optional, just not in my house.


Jodies Kitchen Bacon Egg and Cheese Waffles
Makes about 3 9inch waffles
2 cups baking mix like Bisquick
2 tablespoon oil
1 & 1/3 cups buttermilk
1 egg
Toppings Optional
4 scrambled eggs
Bacon fried
Shredded cheese
Jalapeno
Hot sauce 
Mix all waffle ingredients together and pour into a preheated, greased waffle iron. Cook until waffles are done and top with your favorite ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PRINT MY RECIPES!

Print Friendly and PDF